Here is a short list of houseboat rules to help ensure that you are still talking to each other when the trip is over.
- What happens on the houseboat stays on the houseboat.
- What happens at work stays at work. If you can't leave your job at home you probably should stay home.
- Before you leave the beach or the dock or wherever, take a head count. Make sure everybody who is supposed to be on the boat is on the boat. Believe it or not, people do get left behind more often than you would think.
- There are chores that need to be done. Make sure everyone does their share. Set up a schedule if you have to.
- Leave the bathroom the way you found it. Or to be even more blunt, if you make a mess in there clean it up before you leave.
- For that matter if you make a mess anywhere clean it up before you leave.
- Unless you are invited, bedrooms should be off limits to everyone except the people who are sleeping in them. (We’ve broken that rule a few times but try anyway.)
- If you have a campfire make sure you put it out before you go to bed.
- Do not cook food when the boat is moving. Ski boats like to get in tight and make waves. Storms and a whole host of other things can happen out there. So save your cooking for the beach.
- Alright! I will say it. Maybe you should check with the folks you are dealing with to see what their rules are.
Top Of Page